The Chartiers Valley School District believes that school safety begins with quality relationships between staff, students and their families creates a culture where safety is the responsibility of our entire school community, not simply faculty, staff and law enforcement.
Our officers recognize the importance of educating both students and their parents in an effort to keep our children safe not only at school, but after they leave our buildings each day.
Below are links to information and resources for common safety and security concerns which parents and guardians are faced with each day. As always, please feel free to contact the School Police and Resource Officers with any questions or concerns.
Smartphones, Internet & Screen Time
- 5 Surefire Ways to Protect Your Kid's Online Privacy
- Parents' Guide to Smartphone Safety
- Microsoft's Tips for Safe Family Internet Use
- Common Sense Media Guide to Apps, Movies, etc.
- ALiCE Training Website
- Age-Appropriate, Non-Fearful Resources
- Pre-ALiCE Drill Presentation to Intermediate School Students
- Pre-ALiCE Drill Presentation to Primary School Students