In 2019, the District successfully completed the majority of the Middle and High School reconstruction project. The board, administration, and construction teams are proud to have completed the project within budget, which is rare with any construction project, especially one of such scope and magnitude.
Since its inception, the long-term vision for the Middle/High School project has always been to complete all aspects of the secondary campus before moving on to other capital improvement projects.
Several areas of the secondary campus, including the indoor and outside athletic facilities, and the auditorium rigging, were not addressed in the original scope. These areas must be updated to meet accessibility, safety, and quality standards.
For current Requests for Proposals, visit the Business & Finance page.
The Board and administration have a goal of providing quality environments for students to engage in curricular and extracurricular learning while maintaining the District's history of fiscal responsibility.
Phase I: Scheduled June-August 2023
- Removal and replacement of field turf (including new drainage system)
- New asphalt paving at track (track surface to be installed in phase II)
- New fencing around track
- Asphalt paving replacement around perimeter of track
- New stadium home and visitor entrances including new fencing, brick pillars, ticket booths, concrete paving, signage, benches
- Painting of existing restrooms under home bleachers
- Installation of new scoreboard and sound system
Phase II: Scheduled November 2023-February 2024
- Installation of new track finished surfacing
- Installation of new press box
- Installation of new home bleacher seating, risers, fencing, stairs, handicapped ramps
- Installation of new concrete paving under and in front of home side bleachers
It's one of our District's most visible parts; the Athletic complex welcomes guests from near and far for events and activities throughout the year. The District is embarking on renovating these facilities to keep them current and provide safe opportunities for our student-athletes and their competitors. In Summer 2023, visitors will notice changes in the gymnasium and around the track and field. The exciting updates are cosmetic and essential to keeping the facilities safe and compliant.
Outdoor Updates Include:
New Track, Bleachers, Press Box, Stadium Entrances, Restroom Flooring, Stadium Lighting, Underground Drainage Repairs, Stadium Turf Replacement, Scoreboard, and Sound System.
Indoor Updates Include:
New Auditorium Stage Rigging, Gymnasium Updates, Athletic Lobby Refresh and Pool Upgrades.